When you are looking for a job, your resume is the main way that prospective employers find out about your education, skills and experience. Based on whether your resume matches their job requirements, a hiring manager will either schedule you for an interview or pass you over for someone else.
Is your resume written and formatted to show you to your best advantage? To make sure, you may want to get professional resume help like resume writing services or resume templates. Continue reading this slideshow to learn about different types of resume help and what these services can do for you.
A resume service is an individual or company that will take your information and completely craft your resume from it. Some resume services also have optional services to write cover letters and review your LinkedIn profile.
Professional resume services have a huge amount of experience writing in this particular format, and they know which words and presentations get results for their clients. Using a resume service is oftentimes the best way to craft the most professional and appealing resume, to make a strong first impression. Some top rated online resume services that can help you with your career goals are:
- Let’s Eat, Grandma: This site offers resume writing, cover letter writing, LinkedIn profile reviews and rewrites. Packages start at $259 and go up to $599. They are members of the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches, an accrediting organization. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Monster: This popular job search site also offers resume writing, cover letter writing and “LinkedIn makeover” services starting at $129 and going up to $349. It claims that the writer working on your resume will be familiar with your industry, that resumes will be keyword rich and designed to pass recruiters’ screening software.
All resume writers are certified and satisfaction is guaranteed. It does not seem like a one-on-one conversation with the writer is included.
- The Muse: The Muse works on resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles and job search strategy. Their packages, which range from $119 to $479, differ in the amount of interaction you get with your career coach and the number of edits that are included.
Different coaches cost different amounts too, based on their level of experience. Although there are the usual deliverables, it is more of a consultative approach.
- Top Resume: This site provides a free resume review and critique as well as resume writing, cover letter writing and polishing of your LinkedIn profile for prices between $149 and $349. Other than for the least expensive package, Top Resume guarantees that you will get double the number of interviews within 60 days of having your new resume, or they will rewrite it for free.
Like with The Muse, Top Resume uses a one-on-one consultative approach and matches you with a writer they feel is suited for your industry and needs.
- ZipJob: ZipJob is more heavily technology focused than some of the other resume services. One of their main selling points is that they utilize the same screening software used by recruiters and employers to make sure that your resume will make it through the gauntlet.
They also use technology to help you communicate with your resume writer rather than phone or video calls like Top Resume and The Muse. Like Top Resume, they guarantee double the number of interviews within 60 days. If you are not getting those results, they ask you to send them links to the jobs you are applying for and they will review your resume against those job descriptions to see what improvements can be made.
By Admin –